If you are trying to change your username in your Facebook account and can’t do it because whenever you try, you come across an error message that says something like you’re not eligible for creating a username, then don’t worry.
There is a way around this issue. In this article, you will get to know the steps that you can use to get rid of the problem once and for all.
We know that the username in any account is really important, and especially in Facebook, it is used to be tagged by different users. It also provides the page a wonderful URL without all the usual meaningless numbers linked to the end of it. As mentioned earlier, every Facebook account needs a suitable username.
But if you don’t like the username you saved at the time of your Facebook sign-up and want to change it, then don’t worry, as it really easy. It is a common issue on FB, and here you will learn how to fix this problem.
Why Is A Username Really Important On The Facebook Page?
For making a page visible and making it easy for the other users to tag it, it is really important to have a Facebook page username. It means that when you choose a username for your FB page, it makes it really easy for others on FB to find that page directly or simply using the search bar.
The main reason you come across this particular error message is that the username you are trying to make use of is already in use by some other FB user. You need to consider many things, everything that can make your page competent for having a good username. You can have a Facebook username of a maximum of 50 characters, not more than that.
What Triggers The ‘You Are Not Eligible To Create A Username’ Error?
There could be many reasons behind this ‘you are not eligible to create a username’ issue. Let’s take a look at a few possible ones here:
- If you are trying to create a username for your FB page, then it must have 25-page likes as a minimum.
- You must include alphanumeric characters in it.
- The username you are trying to use is either too short or too long. The username must be five characters long at least and 50 characters maximum.
- The username you want to make use of is already in use of some other FB user.
- If you want to create a username, then you must be an admin of a page on Facebook.
Here’s How You Can Add Your Facebook Account As Admin To The Page For Fix The Problem:
You need to make your Facebook account an administrator if you want to create a new username for the page. Here’s how to do so:
Steps to Follow:
- First of all, navigate to the settings of the page while on the Facebook page on the application or website.
- Then, look for the page roles and click on it to open.
- After that, look for the option that says Assign a new Page role.
- Now, enter your Facebook name or email address.
- On the option beside it, change the specified role from Editor to Admin > choose Add.
- Once done, simply go back to your Facebook account.
- Next, go to Manage Pages from the upper corner.
- Then, choose the page you want to add a username to > select About.
- Choose to create a page @username.
- After that, simply type in the username. If the username you have entered is available, click on Create a username.
That is all about it! Hopefully, now the issue has been resolved, and you can finally have a username you ever wanted for your Facebook page.