So, you’re not authorized to join your much-loved Roblox games? Not to be anxious, as we have assisted millions of Roblox fans in eliminating this Roblox error code 524.
What Does Roblox Error Code 524 Means?
Roblox error code 524 (also recognized as authorization error) is a problem usually seen by the user when they try to join the VIP server (as a Guest or normally). Players can’t join any server, even if it’s a new or an existing one. Spare a little time and continue reading this tutorial, as we will demonstrate a step-by-step procedure to assist in getting rid of this game error code.
Why Are You Encountering This Error Code 524 On Roblox?
After investigating this problem, it turns out that there are numerous diverse triggers that may contribute to the apparition of this issue. Here is a list of some potential culprits that may trigger this error:
If you are making use of a Level 3 ISP, then it is possible that the unstable ping is bad enough to cause frequent problems with Roblox. It’s even more likely if you’re encountering similar problems with other games as well. If this scenario is valid, it may assist you in filtering the connection through a VPN.
Roblox Server Problem:
As it turns out, this issue can also appear in such cases where Roblox is presently coping with a widespread server problem that is affecting each map. In such a situation, the only thing you can accomplish is to confirm the issue and wait for the involved developers to resolve it.
Corrupted Registry Keys:
If you come across this issue with the local installation of Roblox, you may be coping with a couple of registry keys caused by the bad update. In such a situation, reinstalling Roblox ought to resolve the error entirely. Additionally, if you are on Windows 10, you ought to be capable of resolving the error by making use of the UWP version of Roblox.
VIP Server Invitations Are Disabled:
This issue can also appear because of the privacy setting that’s inhibiting the connection with your VIP servers. In case you just get this issue while trying to join a VIP server (by accessing it manually or after being invited), the solution is to change the privacy setting in the Roblox account to allow everyone to invite you to the private servers.
The Roblox Account Is Banned:
If this issue began appearing after you did something against your community standards, you’re either looking at a permanent ban or just a room ban. A room ban can be evaded by simply connecting to a diverse server, but a permanent ban can just be uplifted by appealing against it through the support ticket.
Roblox List of Error Codes:
How Can You Resolve The Roblox Error Code 524?
Fix#1: Check The Roblox Servers
As it turns out, this issue can also appear in cases where there is an ongoing server issue with Roblox that’s affecting the complete infrastructure. If you think this case may be valid, you ought to begin by checking services such as IsTheServiceDown or DownDetector.
Do your due diligence and utilize the two services to investigate whether other players of Roblox are also coming across this issue. If the investigation you just carried out has revealed that Roblox is presently coping with a server problem that is totally beyond your control.
In case you already tried to play a lot of diverse maps, and the outcome is the same (error code 524), the only thing you can carry out is to wait for the creators to resolve the issue. Conversely, in case the investigation above has shown no server issues, move down for trying numerous other fixes that other affected users have utilized successfully.
Fix#2: Make Use Of A VPN
In case you’re coming across this issue on a computer, and you always had issues like this with your online games, you may be coping with some connectivity problems. A few users that were also facing the error code 524 in Roblox have stated that the issue stopped appearing once they began filtering the connection with a game server using a VPN.
It’s typically helpful if you are making use of a Level 3 ISP that is usually bad with maintaining a decent ping. If you think this case is valid, you ought to install a VPN client and check if that alleviates the connectivity issue.
For making everything simpler for you, we have put together a list of trustworthy VPN clients, which comprise a free version that you can simply install on any Win version. Here is a list of VPN services that you ought to contemplate using:
If you’ve already tried to make use of a VPN client and you still face the same issue, then move down to the next potential solution. In case the installation of the VPN client did not resolve the error in your case, go down to the next potential solution.
Fix#3: Allowing Invitations To The VIP Servers
If you are facing this issue only when trying to join the VIP servers, it is most likely because of the privacy setting of Roblox that’s actually hindering you from joining the VIP servers. Although this setting is supposed to stop individuals from inviting you to the VIP servers, it may also disable the ability of your account to join a VIP server manually.
If this case is applicable, you ought to be capable of resolving this issue by accessing the privacy settings and modifying the default behavior for the VIP servers (from the Other Settings menu). Here is how you can do so:
- First of all, launch the default browser > go to the login page of Roblox > simply insert the credentials when asked to do so.
- After that, once you’ve successfully signed in, simply click on the Settings option (the gear icon) from the top corner of your screen.
- Next, click on Settings from the newly opened context menu.
- Once you are inside the My Settings page, simply click on the Privacy option from the vertical menu on your left > scroll down to the Other Settings section and simply change the drop-down menu linked with Who can invite me to the private servers to Everyone.
- Once the modification is done, simply save all the changes > repeat the action that was previously triggering the Roblox error code 524.
If the same issue is still appearing, move down to the next potential solution below.
Fix#4: Reinstalling Roblox
If none of the solutions above have helped you resolve this error code, odds are the problem is occurring because of a bad Roblox update. On certain versions of Microsoft Windows, this update ended up corrupting numerous registry keys necessary for the local installation of the game; it’s just reported to occur for individuals that are running Roblox utilizing the desktop launcher.
Numerous affected users that were previously coping with the same error code have confirmed that they managed to resolve the issue by simply reinstalling the game to force the registry key refresh. On top of that, you ought to also clear the Roblox folder to make sure that no corrupted data is triggering this error code to appear. If you are uncertain about how you can do so, then simply follow the directions given below:
- First of all, open the Run dialog box by simply pressing Windows + R key.
- After that, enter appwiz.cpl > press Enter for opening up the Program & Features menu.
- Once you are there inside the Programs & Features menu, simply scroll down through the list of installed games and apps until you find the Roblox installation.
- When you finally find the right entry, simply right-click on it > select Uninstall from the newly emerged context menu.
- Now, inside the uninstallation screen, simply follow the prompts that appear on your screen for completing the operation > reboot the PC.
- Once the uninstallation operation is finished, open File Explorer > go to the following location: C:\Users\*Your Windows Username*\AppData\Local.
- Once you’re there inside the Roblox folder, begin by pressing the Ctrl + A key for choosing everything inside > right-click on a chosen item > select to Delete for clearing any Roblox data left behind by the new uninstallation.
- After that, reboot the PC and wait for the next startup to finish to allow the system to clear the registry keys that are not in use any longer.
- Then, go to the official Roblox site once again, log in with the account > download the local version of your game over again.
- Next, repeat the action that was previously triggering the error code 524 and check if the error code is now gone.
In case you are facing the same error code, then move down to the next solution mentioned below.
Fix#5: Make Use Of The UWP Version Of Roblox (For Windows 10 Only)
If you are coming across this error code on Windows 10, you may be capable of circumventing this issue by simply opening the Universal Windows Platform (UWP) version of the game instead. This workaround was confirmed to help numerous users that were previously facing this Roblox error code 524. Here is a quick tutorial on making use of the Microsoft Store on Windows 10 for installing the official UWP version of Roblox:
- First of all, access the official page of UWP Roblox
- After that, simply click on the get button to start the download on the PC.
Note: You can do so by simply opening the Windows Store locally and looking for the Roblox app using the search feature.
- Once the download is finished, you ought to be redirected to the Microsoft Store window automatically.
- Then, open the UWP version of Roblox, log in with the account and check if the error code is now gone.
In case you are still coming across the error code 524, then move down to the final fix mentioned below.
Fix#6: Appealing Against The Ban
If you have burned through all the potential solutions mentioned above and none of them have assisted you in getting rid of this error code, then you ought to begin contemplating the fact that you may be facing this issue because of the fact that you have been banned. There’re two diverse types of ban in Roblox:
Room (Map) Ban:
In most cases (particularly if you do not have a history of any sort of bad behavior), you’ll get the room ban. It’ll just apply to the room that shows this issue. In such a situation, you ought to be capable of avoiding the same issue by connecting to a diverse room.
If connecting to a diverse map also returns the same problem, and you’ve formerly confirmed that Roblox isn’t currently coping with a widespread server problem, there is a high possibility that you got a permanent ban. If you’ve received the Permanent ban, the only thing you can carry out at this point is to simply open a support ticket and plead your case for lifting this ban.
Note: In case you violated a community rule with intent, there’s no point in opening any support ticket as you’ll not win the case and lift your ban. In such a situation, the only thing you can carry out is to make a fresh start with a new account.
Roblox authorization error code 524 isn’t an issue from Roblox itself. Instead, the game creators made that server VIP. That is why you’re encountering this error code. We know it is really frustrating. But fortunately, with the provided solutions mentioned above, you’ll be capable of joining such VIP servers and will be capable of playing your favorite games from this time forth.