Samsung Galaxy S5 is one of the most well-liked devices, but just like other phones, Samsung Galaxy S5 is not bug-free. A lot of its users are encountering several issues with their Samsung Galaxy S5 device. One of the most encountered problems is the Samsung Galaxy S5 screen won’t turn on.
According to a few of the users, their phones are functioning fine, and they feel some vibration, but the screens don’t wake up. If you’re making use of the Samsung Galaxy S5 device, then you also might come across this issue. Here’re a few solutions.
Troubleshooting The Samsung Galaxy S5 Screen Won’t Turn On Issue:
- 1 Troubleshooting The Samsung Galaxy S5 Screen Won’t Turn On Issue:
- 1.1 Solution#1: Turn On Your Device
- 1.2 Solution#2: Remove The Battery
- 1.3 Solution#3: Toggle On The Dark Screen Option
- 1.4 Solution#4: Fix Your Micro SD Card
- 1.5 Solution#5: Delete Any Culprit Application
- 1.6 Solution#6: Wipe Cache Partition
- 1.7 Solution#7: Factory Reset Your Device
- 1.8 Way#2:
- 1.9 Way#3:
- 2 Factory Reset Process:
You can make use of the solutions mentioned below for getting rid of this error:
Solution#1: Turn On Your Device
When you come across this issue, try to switch on the smartphone by simply holding the Power button and the Home button for a few secs until you feel some vibration.
Solution#2: Remove The Battery
If your screen doesn’t come back, then take out the back cover and remove it’s the battery.
Then, wait for some secs and then put its battery back again in your smartphone to turn on and see if the issue is gone. Numerous reasons could be there for the issue:
- Your battery isn’t inserted correctly.
- Your battery is dead.
- Your smartphone is water-damaged.
- Your smartphone is physically damaged.
Solution#3: Toggle On The Dark Screen Option
- If the above solutions failed to fix the Samsung Galaxy S5 screen won’t turn-on issue, then simply navigate to the Settings menu of the device.
- After that, go to Accessibility > choose Vision.
- Next, tap on the Dark screen option and ensure that this option is toggled off.
But, how can you go to the Settings menu if the screen of your phone does not turn on? Well, if the battery isn’t dead and the device works quite fine, then follow the below steps:
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy S5 device to your HMDI TV > go to accessibility > tap on vision.
Solution#4: Fix Your Micro SD Card
The issue might appear because of your corrupted Micro SD Card. So, take out your card for a bit of time and check if it makes any difference, or you can fix your corrupted SD card by following a simple guide.
Solution#5: Delete Any Culprit Application
There’s a possibility that some tool is causing this Samsung Galaxy S5 screen issue.
Therefore, start the smartphone into the Safe mode. If you don’t come across any issue in the Safe mode, then any tool that could have been triggering this screen won’t turn on issue. In such a situation, locate the culprit program and remove it.
- For starting the smartphone into the safe mode, press and hold the power key and keep pressing the menu button (Left of your home key) until you see the safe mode logo.
Solution#6: Wipe Cache Partition
You can also go for the Wipe Cache Partition. You can follow the below steps for that:
- First of all, switch off the Samsung Galaxy device.
- After that, simply press the Home key, Power key, and Volume Up key at the same time and keep holding them.
- Then, release the keys when you see the Samsung logo with Recovery booting written at the top of your screen.
- Now, you’re at the recovery screen of the android system.
- Next, choose the Wipe Cache Partition option utilizing the Volume down key > make use of the Power key for confirming the action.
- After that, a notification will be shown to you written in yellow that reads something like system cache has been removed.
- Then, choose the Reboot System Now option utilizing the Volume buttons and press the Power key for confirming.
- The Galaxy smartphone will restart after that.
Solution#7: Factory Reset Your Device
If all the solutions mentioned above fail to fix the problem, then simply do the factory reset, but before that, you must make a backup of all the files and significant data. Here’re the steps for making a backup:
One of the great options to backup is to utilize the Samsung Kies software that we usually utilize for updating the Galaxy devices’ software.
The second method for making a backup of your device is with your Google account.
- Go to the Settings menu > choose General > tap on Backup and Reset and it’ll provide you with two options named automatic restores and backup my data.
- Make sure that these options are toggled on by checking the checkbox next to them, and it’ll automatically backup all the details such as app data, Wi-Fi password, bookmarks, and Google settings, to the Google server so that you can retrieve them again in case anything wrong happen with your device.
Another way of making a backup of your files is making use of your Samsung account.
- For that, navigate to the application > open the settings menu.
- After that, choose User, and backup > go to Account and see if you’re logged in with the Samsung account. If the option is on, it’ll synchronize all of your contacts, internet, and calendar settings to your Samsung account.
Factory Reset Process:
Once you’re finished with the backup process, simply move ahead with your factory reset process; here’s how you can perform it on the Samsung Galaxy S5 device.
- First of all, switch off the smartphone.
- After that, simply hold down the Power key, the Home key, and the Volume Up key at the same time for some secs till you see the Android logo on your screen.
- Now, release the keys. Make use of the Volume down key to highlight any options and the Power button for confirming the action. So, simply highlight the factory reset option and confirm the action utilizing the power key.
- Next, choose the delete all user data option and confirm your action.
- Now, wait for some secs to check the reboot system now option and choose it.
Your smartphone will then be rebooted, and you have to set your device up from scratch once again.