Are you encountering wifi connectivity problems in your HP laptop? Then you’re not alone. The HP laptop keeps disconnecting from the wifi is a common error that is being encountered by a lot of HP laptop users. The disconnection of wifi problem with the HP laptop is mostly occurring because of the installation of Win 10 as the Win version isn’t really compatible and is triggering the disconnection of wifi.
The wifi disconnection can also take place because of the incompatible wifi drive that is installed on the laptop, because of which your HP laptop keeps disconnecting from your wifi network. There’s also a problem with a few users that either their wifi adapter simply gets disabled and doesn’t seem to reboot, or a few complained that the HP laptop simply disconnects randomly but then connects over again after some time. This internet disconnection in the HP laptop is a common issue that is being encountered by the users of the HP Company.
What Causes The HP Laptop Keeps Disconnecting From Wifi Issue:
The following maybe some of the causes because of which the HP laptop keeps disconnecting from the wifi network:
- One of the causes why your internet doesn’t connect from your HP laptop may be a corrupt, missing, or older version of your network adapters that assists in keeping your network connection problem related to your machine.
- There might be a problem that some sort of corrupted files or virus might attack your HP laptop and triggers problems related to the wifi disconnection.
- It’s also possible that the laptop of the user desires to keep sending the wireless cards into sleep to save the battery of your laptop. If your wireless card adapter goes in sleep mode, it triggers the network to disconnect from your laptop.
- Another problem may be that the user has installed some incompatible wifi adapter’s version, which causes the network to disconnect all the time.
How Can You Resolve This Issue?
You can make use of the following solutions to fix this problem:
- Disable the 3rd-party security program
- Running the network troubleshooter
- Updating your network adapter
- Checking your wireless card in sleep or not
- Updating your wireless adapter device
- Resetting the hardware network settings
- Resetting the network settings
Solution#1: Disabling The 3rd Party Security Program
At times problems related to your wifi can be because of the presence of some 3rd-party security program. So, you can simply disable and then enable it once again for connecting the internet to your laptop.
- First of all, click the Wifi option from the taskbar.
- After that, select the accessible wifi network.
- Next, click on the right button on your wireless network > choose the Forget option.
- Then, restart the laptop and reconnect to the wifi by making use of the security key set.
Solution#2: Running The Network Troubleshooter
Another solution you can make use of for fixing this problem is to run the network adapter troubleshooter simply. It’ll automatically fix the problems of wifi in your HP laptop. For doing so, follow the steps mentioned below:
- First off, launch the Setting on your HP laptop.
- After that, navigate to the Update & Security option.
- Then, choose the Troubleshoot option.
- Now, select the Run Troubleshoot option under the option of Network Adapter.
Once you’re done with the above steps, simply check the connection with wifi is fixed or not. This method will assist you in fixing this network connectivity problem.
Solution#3: Updating Your Network Adapter
At times, the wifi disconnection also takes place because of the outdated network or wifi adapter. Hence, you have to update your adapter to solve the issue simply.
- For this, simply hit the Win + X buttons from the keyboard of your laptop.
- After that, choose the Device Manager option.
- Now, simply right-click on the category of Network Adapters.
- Next, choose the Update Driver Software option.
- Then, select Search automatically for the driver Software Update.
Follow the steps on your screen and update your wifi driver. After updating the drivers, simply check the wifi on your laptop and see if the problem is fixed or not.
Solution#4: For Checking Your Wireless Card Is In The Sleep Mode Or Not
You can check your wireless card if it’s in sleep mode or not. If your wireless card is in sleep mode, then you need to turn your wireless card into active mode to fix the problem.
- First of all, navigate to the Settings menu.
- After that, select the Network and Internet option.
- Now, choose wifi in your menu bar.
- Then, simply toggle the wifi on and switch on the option, thus, enabling the wireless card from sleep.
Solution#5: Updating Your Wireless Adapter Device
You can simply update the wireless adapter device to fix the disconnection of your wifi.
- First of all, insert a USB or DVD which has drivers.
- Then, in the windows search bar, simply search the Device Manager option.
- Now, click on the Device Manager option.
- Next, click the Network Adaptors option.
- After that, right-click the Network Update option for updating your networks.
Solution#6: Resetting The Hardware Settings
- First off, turn off your laptop.
- Then, take out the power cords from the wireless.
- Next, after ten to fifteen seconds, simply plug the cables back in your wireless modem or router.
It can also assist you in fixing the issue with the connection with wifi.
Solution#7: Resetting Your Network
If the methods mentioned above are not capable of fixing the problem with the wifi in the laptop, then contemplate doing a full reset of the network. It’ll get rid of all the previous network settings and will provide you with the settings of your wifi in the original state.
- For that, simply hit the Win + I buttons from the laptop keyboard to open the Settings menu.
- After that, select Network and Internet.
- Then, select the Network Reset option.
- Now, select the Reset Now option and click once again on Reset Now to confirm.
It ought to reset all the previous settings of your wifi. Now reboot the PC to check if the issue related to wifi is fixed or not.
The solutions mentioned above can assist you in resolving the HP laptop disconnection with the wifi issue.