Skype is a program that permits individuals all across the globe to have a conversation through video and audio calls. Individuals from any part of the world can chat with the other individual that lives on some other corner of the world.
You can make an audio call or a video call using this platform, or you can simply have a chatting session using Skype.
Stop Skype From Lowering Volume Windows 10, 7, 8:
- 1 Stop Skype From Lowering Volume Windows 10, 7, 8:
- 2 Troubleshooting Methods To Solve This Skype keeps Lowering Volume Issue:
- 3 How Can You Stop The Lowering Of The Volume Issue Through Skype On Different Devices?
- 4 Conclusion:
This program has made video calling for family video calls, business meetings, and all diverse types of video conversations across the globe. This tool is available worldwide and has a lot of users on that make use of it for communication purposes and video and audio calling. Recently, Skype users are complaining about a problem that it keeps lowering the volume by itself.
There can be a lot of triggers behind this Skype keeps lowering the sound issue. Relying on the windows that you might be utilizing by default, Skype tends to lower the volume of the PC by eighty percent when it notices that a call is coming on your Windows. The Win adjusts the sound of the other program automatically that present on your PC when it notices that a call is being made.
It’s not an official Skype feature, but because of windows in your PC, the windows reduce the volume of other programs that are functioning when the call comes through this platform. Hence it’s not directly the problem of the tool itself.
Troubleshooting Methods To Solve This Skype keeps Lowering Volume Issue:
It can be frustrating to continuously fix the volume and sound of the other apps that are being utilized on your PC while you get a call on Skype. The windows notice that you’ve an incoming call on Skype and drops down the other program’s sound. The issue begins when you haven’t set this command up yourself.
It denotes that windows and Skype both have this system set up, by default, of lowering down the volume of other programs when they’re being utilized. If you’re a gamer and you make use of the communication platform like Discord and other programs, it can be extremely off-putting and frustrating for the volume to get reduced whenever you get a call from somebody through Skype. You can make use of the following ways on how you can stop Skype from reducing your system volume.
- Check your sound and hardware for the Skype volume
- Disabling the exclusive control of the program for fixing the Skype volume
Make use of any of the fixes above for resolving the volume and sound of Skype. Making use of any of the fixes with the steps provided will stop this platform from reducing the sound and volume of the other programs and will resolve the problem with your Skype.
Fix#1: Checking Your Software And Hardware For The Volume Of Skype:
The feature of windows for reducing the volume and sound of different other media and programs that are being utilized when you receive the Skype call can really be very maddening. As this feature is related to Skype indirectly but the major issue is in the windows present on your PC.
Therefore, if you deal with this problem using the windows settings, then through the Skype setting, it’ll be more effective and much simpler to fix this problem. Hence, this feature related to sound and volume can actually be disabled for stopping Skype from reducing volumes and sounds of different other programs. For this, you need to make use of the following steps in order to stop this platform from decreasing the sound system of other programs.
- First of all, find the Sound option > simply right-click on the icon that can be found in the Windows taskbar.
- After that, click the Sound option from the menu that appears.
- Then, locate the Communications section > click on it.
- Now, you’ll locate the needed options under When Windows Detects Communications Activity.
- Windows have four options regarding the Skype sound and volume being manipulated. So, now select the Do Nothing option.
- Click Apply > OK.
Now allow your PC to boot up again simply, and now you can see if the volume of other programs is being manipulated by your Skype and Windows and see whether your sound is being lowered when there’s a call coming through this fantastic platform.
This fix ought to assist you in resolving the problem of this tool not functioning properly.
Fix#2: Disabling The Exclusive Control Of The Programs To Fix The Skype Volume:
The sound system comes with an advanced system that permits other media and programs that are being utilized on your PC to manipulate the sound and also change the volume a little when you are receiving a Skype call.
This feature can at times be very handy, but the majority of the time, it causes glitches and bugs in the sound, and Skype tends to change the volume of other tools and reduce the volume. You should take the following steps to stop Skype from reducing the sound and volume of the different other programs being used.
- First of all, go to the audio and sound menu by simply clicking on the Speaker option that can found on the Windows taskbar.
- After that, click on the Advanced section.
- Then, you need to untick both the options that are accessible under the Exclusive Mode heading.
- Next, save all the changes you have just made by simply clicking on the OK button.
- After that, open the Skype tool again to check the volume of other programs is fixed or not.
It ought to assist you in fixing the problem regarding the sounds of the Skype program that gets lowered down automatically and ought to stop Skype from reducing the sound of your system. And get rid of all the issues that you have regarding windows and this application.
How Can You Stop The Lowering Of The Volume Issue Through Skype On Different Devices?
For The Volume Of Skype On The Mac System:
On the Mac system, you can make use of the following steps for controlling the volume and sounds of Skype:
- First of all, navigate to the Preferences option that can be found in the video/audio panel.
- After that, choose the Speaker option.
- Then, simply adjust the same as the System to the Built-in Output.
- Next, click Ok to confirm all the changes in the settings.
It’ll give you the Skype volume and sounds independent of your system sounds.
For The Volume Of Skype On The Windows System:
For the win sounds and volume setting, the steps are mentioned below in detail.
- First of all, click the Start button.
- After that, choose Control Panel.
- Next, select the Hardware & sound option.
- Then, click on sound.
- Now, navigate to the communication option > click Do Nothing.
Through this method, you can simply eliminate the Skype control on the volumes and sounds of the other media.
The solutions and methods mentioned in this post can really assist you in getting rid of the volume getting lowered because of Skype. Skype is being utilized for business meetings the most, and this problem really cause a lot of issues for the different users. It is also utilized by a lot of gamers and hence triggers the volume to fluctuate and causes an interruption in the games, causing frustration while playing the games.
A lot of Skype users are encountering this problem and can be extremely off-putting and extremely problematic when you’re making use of different other programs that need loud sound like watching videos or playing games. Hence, the methods and solutions, if properly carried out with the steps given in this article, can really assist you in getting rid of this volume problem of Skype.