You can watch on-demand films and television shows on the Amazon Prime Video using an app that you first need to install on your Samsung TV. Once you have installed the application, you will get the original films, television series, and different other entertainment materials.
When you come across the prime video not working on the Samsung TV error, it will demonstrate the error message that states the particular problem. In a few situations, you will not get any error code at all. It means that the users will have first to find out what is really causing the error and whether it can be fixed without help, or you will need to call in a technician.
What Triggers The Prime Video Not Working On Samsung TV Issue?
There are a lot of things that can trigger this specific error, such as:
- Your account is inactive.
- The users have not connected their Samsung TV to any internet connection.
- The television does not have adequate memory.
- The video streaming software or tool of the TV is out-of-date.
- The internet connection is very slow.
- The HDMI cable is not compliant.
Luckily, you can fix these issues by using different methods.
How Can You Troubleshoot This Specific Issue? Let’s Find Out!
If you are coming across this particular issue, then you can simply follow the guidelines given below for resolving it:
Solution#1: Cold Boot Your Samsung Television
A cold boot can really help you in shutting down the television completely and then rebooting it.
It can also help you in resolving diverse issues, such as not loading, glitches, picture issues, crashing, and freezing, among others. You can cold boot the Samsung television by using the following methods:
Utilize Your Remote Control:
Press and keep holding its power button and wait until the television switches off and then on again. The complete procedure should take a max of five seconds to complete.
Unplug The Television:
First of all, unplug the smart television from the outlet, and then after about 30 seconds, simply plug it back in. Then, after that, try opening the tool and see if it has fixed the error.
Solution#2: Update Your Samsung TV
- First of all, grab your remote control > press the home button from it.
- After that, move the left arrow > simply go to the settings menu.
- Now, scroll down to the support section >
- Press ok > again press ok on the program update and simply update your Samsung TV.
Once the Samsung television is updated, the Amazon Prime Video app will start functioning fine as usual without any issue.
Solution#3: Remove And Download Your Prime Video Application Once Again On Your Television
You can make use of the following guidelines to remove this application. This process will also help the users in resetting the Amazon Prime on their Samsung TV.
- First of all, go to the Apps section > select Settings.
- After that, locate and select the Amazon Prime tool > select Delete.
- If the device has greyed out the program, it means that it is a suggested tool. Therefore, simply select the Reinstall option.
Once you have deleted the program, you then need to install it over again. Also, consider downloading the Amazon Prime app if you can’t find it on your Samsung television. Here is how you can do so:
- First of all, press the Return button using your remote > select the Search option.
- After that, enter the name of the tool (in this case Amazon Prime Video) > select the app > select Install.
- Once the application is installed over again, launch it and try playing any video.
Solution#4: Make Sure You Have The Correct HDMI Cable
While this specific problem rarely occurs, it can be one of the reasons you are not able to view movies and TV shows in 4K or HD. It can take place if your HDMI cord is not compatible.
In most situations, viewing the HD content requires the users to have a wire that has a rating of around 1.4HDCP. For the 4K content, the rating requires to be 2.2HDCP. If the HDMI wore is out-of-date, then you will need to buy the new cable for watching HD or4K content.
Solution#5: Reset Your Samsung Smart Hub On Your TV
First of all, you will have to get the sign-in details for all of your tools you have already installed on the device before you reset your Samsung Smart Hub. Once that is finished, follow these simple steps:
- First of all, go to the Settings menu > open Support.
- After that, select Self Diagnosis > choose Reset Smart Hub.
- Now, type in the PIN of the television or simply enter 0000 as it is the default PIN.
- Once you are done with that, the resetting procedure will then begin.
Solution#6: Update Your Amazon Prime App On The Samsung TV
If the previous methods didn’t work out, then you can simply follow the below guidelines to update your Amazon Prime tool on your Samsung TV.
- First of all, press the Home button using the remote control > navigate to Apps > select Amazon Prime Video.
- After that, go to the Settings menu > highlight and also enable Auto Update.
Once the Auto Update is successfully enabled, the program will start updating automatically.
Solution#7: Check Your Internet Connection
Run the simple network status test for checking the internet connection:
- First off, go to the Settings menu > choose General.
- After that, choose Network > pick Network Status.
Now, run the network status test and also pay attention to the problems. Also, see whether you can notice ‘X’ between the Smart television and the router. If you see any issue, then consider the following:
Increase Your Internet Speed:
If you have connected too many devices to your Wi-Fi, the TV will not get adequate signals for watching HD or 4K videos. In such a situation, simply disconnect all of the connected devices from the wireless network and try again.
Your devices can include mobile phones, gaming consoles, tablets, and computers. If it does not work out, then simply get in touch with the Internet Service Provider or simply think about upgrading to some package that offers some better network speeds.
Power Cycle Your Network Equipment:
You can power cycle the network equipment by simply unplugging all of the network-related devices from your power source.
Such comprise the television, modem, and router. Next, start to plug in these devices. Then, try to connect to the network or launching the program and see whether it has fixed the error.
Solution#8: The Video Is Simply Not Available
When watching some specific videos that are outside of the time zone or country you are in, you will come across a problem specifying that the Prime video is not available.
You cannot fix this problem unless you make use of a VPN. Also, the service can be unavailable because your servers are down. In such a situation, you will have to wait until Amazon fixes the issue.
The Bottom Line:
When you encounter the prime video not working on the Samsung TV error, you need first to spot all the causes behind this problem so that you can solve the problem. The first thing you must do is simply reboot the television by unplugging the device from the power source.
If it does not work out, then simply consider updating the Prime Video program and the device software itself. You can also check the network connection, reset the Smart Hub, or find out whether the Amazon platform has some problem with their system to resolve the issue.
Comments are closed.