Dragon Age Inquisition is a role-playing action game that was created by Bioware and published by Electronic Arts. It’s the 3rd major addition in the franchise of Dragon Age and is a sequel to the previously launched Dragon Age: Origins. The game was launched worldwide in Nov 2014 for Xbox 360, Microsoft Windows, PlayStation, and Xbox One.
However, quite recently, many reports have been coming in of this game not opening in Win 10. Although users attempt to run the executable several times, the game doesn’t open. In this guide, we’ll inform you about a few of the causes because of which this issue can appear and offer you some viable fixes for ensuring the complete eradication of the issue.
What Averts Dragon Age: Inquisition From Launching?
- 1 What Averts Dragon Age: Inquisition From Launching?
- 2 How Can You Resolve Dragon Age: Inquisition Won’t Launch Error?
- 2.1 Fix#1: Run A Clean Boot
- 2.2 Fix#2: Verify Your Game Files
- 2.3 Fix#3: Reinstall The Direct X And VC Redist
- 2.4 Fix#4: Grant Admin Privileges
- 2.5 Fix#5: Disable The Full-Screen Optimizations
- 2.6 Fix#6: Clearing Cache Of Dragon Age Inquisition
- 2.7 Fix#7: Troubleshoot Compatibility
- 2.8 Fix#8: Closing The Unwanted Background Apps
- 2.9 Fix#9: Disable Antivirus
- 2.10 Fix#10: Check Specs
- 2.11 Fix#11: Checking Whether The Graphics Driver Updated Or Not
- 3 Improve Your PC Performance In A Few Simple Clicks:
- 4 Frequently Asked Questions Section:
- 5 Conclusion:
The reason behind the issue isn’t specific, and it can be caused because of numerous misconfigurations, a few of which are:
Your game may need admin privileges for a few of its elements to work correctly. If your game hasn’t been granted such privileges, it can lead to a lot of problems with its functionality.
The VC Redist and DirectX are provided with this game inside your game installation folder. It’s possible that the version of VC Redist or Direct X that you installed may be coinciding with your game and preventing it from opening. It can also cause Dragon Age Inquisition actually to crash to your desktop during launching.
In a few situations, certain game files can go missing or become corrupted. All such game files are essential for it to function and open properly; therefore, if even a single file is missing, your game would not launch properly or cause errors in the game.
It’s possible that the service running in the background may be triggering the problem. Frequently, Windows services or even other 3rd-party apps can avert all the elements of this game from working properly, therefore, triggering the issue.
Another possible cause could be your game’s incompatibility with Win 10. A lot of programs are not adjusted to the Windows 10 architecture correctly and thus cause errors. But fortunately, Windows 10 comprises a feature in which you can run any application in the compatibility mode for the previous Windows versions.
In a few situations, the Windows feature known as the full-screen optimization was introduced for running your game as a borderless Window and for smoothening the Gameplay may be meddling with certain elements of your game, thus stopping it from launching,
Now that you’ve got a basic comprehension of the nature of the issue, we’ll move ahead towards the fixes.
How Can You Resolve Dragon Age: Inquisition Won’t Launch Error?
Now that we’re done comprehending the root causes of this issue let’s go on to the troubleshooting. But, before jumping to the real fixes, try to reboot the PC once; it may resolve the problem. If the reboot still does not launch your game, then simply move to the following fixes.
Fix#1: Run A Clean Boot
As mentioned earlier, it’s possible that the service running in the background might be triggering the error. Frequently, Windows services or even other 3rd-party apps can stop all the elements of your game from working properly, therefore, triggering the issue. In this step, we’re gonna be booting into Windows without any 3rd party service or pointless Windows Services running. For that:
- First of all, sign in to your PC as an administrator.
- After that, click on the Windows Search bar > enter msconfig > hit Enter.
- Then, click on Services > tick the checkbox next to the Hide all Microsoft Services option.
- Now, click on Disable All for disabling all the 3rd party services from running in the background.
- Next, right-click on the Task Bar > choose Task Manager.
- After that, click on the Startup tab and ensure that all the apps are disabled.
- Now, simply restart the PC.
- Run your game and check if the issue still persists.
Fix#2: Verify Your Game Files
In a few situations, certain game files can go missing or become corrupted. All your game files are essential for it to work and launch properly; therefore, if even a single file is missing, your game would not launch properly or cause errors in your game. In this step, we’re gonna be verifying the files of your game. For that:
- First off, launch the Origin client > log in to the account.
- After that, click on the Game Library option from the left-hand side pane.
- Now, inside the Game Library tab, simply right-click on the Dragon Age option > choose the Repair Game option.
- The client will start to verify your game files.
- Once completed, it’ll replace the corrupted files and download any missing files automatically, if any.
- Now, run your game and check if the error still persists.
Fix#3: Reinstall The Direct X And VC Redist
The VC Redist and DirectX are provided with your game inside your game installation folder. It’s possible that the version of VC Redist or Direct X that was installed might be coinciding with your game and stopping it from launching. Therefore, in this step, we’re gonna be installing the VC Redist and DirectX that’s suggested. For That:
- First off, go to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age Inquisition\__Installer\directx\redist
- After that, run the DXSetup.exe > replace the preceding versions.
- Similarly, go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age Inquisition\__Installer\vc
- Then, run all the VCRedist.exe that are available inside the folder and simply replace the older versions.
- Now, simply reboot the PC and check if the issue persists.
Fix#4: Grant Admin Privileges
Your game may need admin privileges for a few of its elements to work properly. If your game hasn’t been granted such privileges, it can lead to a lot of problems with its functionality. In this step, we’re gonna be granting the game admin privileges. For that:
- First of all, launch the game installation folder > right-click on your game executable.
- After that, choose Properties > click on the Compatibility tab.
- Now, simply tick the Run as Administrator checkbox inside the Compatibility tab.
- Then, run your game and see if the issue persists.
Fix#5: Disable The Full-Screen Optimizations
In a few situations, the windows feature called full-screen optimization that was introduced for running your game as the borderless Window and for smoothening the Gameplay may be interfering with certain game elements, thus stopping it from launching. In this step, we will be disabling the full-screen optimizations for which:
- First, launch the game installation folder > right–Click on your game executable
- Then, choose Properties > click on the Compatibility tab
- Now, tick the Disable Full-Screen Optimizations checkbox inside the Compatibility tab.
- After that, apply the settings.
- Run your game and see if the error persists.
Fix#6: Clearing Cache Of Dragon Age Inquisition
Empty and clear cache assists in the faster loading of your game. So the odds are also that the Dragon Age Inquisition game cache is preventing it from getting launched. Follow the below steps for clearing the Dragon Age Inquisition game cache.
- First of all, close the game completely > end the complete processes which are related to your game from the Task Manager of your computer.
- Then, tap the Win + R button from the keyboard as it’ll launch the Run dialog box.
- Now in the opened window, simply enter the following text (without quotation marks): “%ProgramData%/Origin.”
- You have to erase the whole thing present over here.
- After that, launch the run dialog box once again > enter the following text into it: %AppData%.
- Now, search for the Origin folder. Once you reach it, delete it right away.
Fix#7: Troubleshoot Compatibility
A few games do not completely support the Windows 10 architecture and, therefore, frequently run into problems while attempting to open or while playing. Therefore, in this step, we will be utilizing the Windows troubleshooting tool for determining the best OS version to run your game on. For that:
- First of all, launch your game installation folder.
- After that, right-click on your game executable > choose properties.
- Then, click on the Compatibility section > click on the Run Compatibility Troubleshooter option.
- Now, Windows will determine the best OS automatically for running your game in compatibility mode.
- Next, click on the Try Recommended Settings option > choose Test.
- Now, if your program runs fine, then apply the settings > exit.
- Lastly, run your game and see if the issue still persists.
Fix#8: Closing The Unwanted Background Apps
Frequently Windows services or 3rd-party services running in the background meddle with the functions of your game, hence stopping it from launching correctly. If you’ve too many apps running in the background, it could affect the PC performance, and it could also trigger the Dragon Age Inquisition won’t launch error.
Close any background app from the task manager or your system tray that you may not be utilizing at that moment. After doing that, open the Dragon Age Inquisition app to check if your game launches correctly.
Fix#9: Disable Antivirus
In a few situations, individuals make use of 3rd-party antivirus programs, which are not a bad thing, but such tools can at times raise false alarms and stop a safe program from opening because the antivirus flags it as unsafe.
Therefore, it’s suggested to disable the antimalware, antivirus completely, and any other security tool and check if your game launches now. It’s also strongly suggested to append exceptions to the antivirus and firewall for both the game and origin. For that reason, you can simply append DAI and steam in place of steam.
Fix#10: Check Specs
In certain situations, the hardware installed on the PC may not meet the minimum requirements that have been made known by the game developers for running your game properly. Because of that, the developers at times prevent your game from running on the underpowered PC, and it can cause a particular problem where DAI does not open. Therefore, before continuing, verify that the PC matches the minimum requirements of your game. The game requirements are as follows:
- Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7870 or R9 270, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660.
- System RAM: 8 GB.
- CPU: Intel quad-core CPU @ 3.0 GHz, AMD six-core CPU @ 3.2 GHz.
- Operating System: Windows 7 or 8.1 x64.
You can check the computer’s hardware by:
- Hit Windows + R button for opening the Run prompt.
- After that, enter in dxdiag > hit Enter.
- Confirm any other prompts that your system lists, and it’ll show you the PC specs in the next window.
- Check if the computer is up to the mark.
Fix#11: Checking Whether The Graphics Driver Updated Or Not
The out-of-date graphics drivers can be another cause behind this issue to occur. If you run to play your game smoothly, then make certain to keep your system upgraded and, for that, carry out the following steps.
- First of all, go to the Control Panel > search the app with the graphics card inside it. There’s an alternative method of updating the graphics card. To do that, you have to manage the settings of your card.
- After that, hit the Windows and X keys simultaneously from your keyboard.
- Thereafter, go to the Device Manager > locate the Display Directors adapters option.
- Lastly, right-click on your screen for updating your driver, and you’ll note that the issue is fixed.
Hopefully, after applying such steps successfully, you’ll be capable of resolving the dragon age inquisition won’t launch without any trouble.
Improve Your PC Performance In A Few Simple Clicks:
Meanwhile, playing high-definition games if the Windows 10 computer is facing problems such as lagging or it gets really slow to work. In that situation, the most suggested option to try is the PC Repair Tool as it’s a well efficient one to resolve numerous computer issues.
This advanced tool provides a complete scan to the computer. Within a few seconds, it‘ll detect and fix the computer’s issue. Apart from that, the program can be utilized for resolving different issues such as BSOD error, game error, DLL error, registry error, and protects your computer from malware or viruses.
Frequently Asked Questions Section:
Q: Can You Run Dragon Age Origins On Windows 10?
Yes, it does run on Win 10. But there are a lot of gamers who faced numerous issues while launching it on Win 10. For example, your game crashes to your desktop or an issue saying Dragon Age Inquisition won’t launch. But you can try the windows compatibility feature to fix the issue.
Q: Can Dragon Age Inquisition Play On Computers?
Electronic Arts have just released the Dragon Age Inquisition for computer users. After launching, they provided a free trial version. But if you missed that offer, then you can simply purchase it from any games store.
Q: Why Won’t The Origin Application Launch?
It is possible that Origin’s cache files are meddling with the application and not permitting it to be opened. In such a situation, you can fix the error by simply removing the cache files by using the steps mentioned above.
Q: Why Does Dragon Age Origins Keep Crashing On Your Computer?
Dragon Age Origin is an antique game. So it is likely there are a few glitches that do not work correctly on the new system. But according to a few players, you can fix the problem by lowering the in-game video settings. It may be capable of stopping the crashing issue and improving the performance.
Q: Is It Possible To Change The Class In The Dragon Age Inquisition?
You have to remember that the classes can’t be changed in the Dragon Age Inquisition. So, if you desire to speed through cinematic, then you need to wait for your game to be installed completely.
All such fixes are simple, and they do not need any specialized expertise or time for getting them implemented. You can go through every fix one by one, and hopefully, you can come across the right one for you.
We suggest running your game on the gaming PC or at least on the minimum hardware specifications mentioned above. In this way, Dragon Age Inquisition will run easily without having any problems. Happy Gaming!