If you’ve downloaded Dragon Age Inquisition, that is one of the top role-playing action games available with the most eccentric graphics created by electronic arts and BioWare for offering the finest gaming experience to the users.
However, there’re odds that you might come across that Dragon Age Inquisition crashes on launch, which is a common issue faced by a lot of its users. The game might function perfectly for a few on diverse platforms, but most often, windows 10 users have encountered that dragon age inquisition crash on startup.
So, here we’re with a few of the best tips and tricks that are gonad assist you in preventing the dragon age inquisition from crashing on launch or startup. Before we begin listing the fixes and suggestions, check out the reasons why your dragon age inquisition crashes on launch or startup.
Causes Of The Dragon Age Inquisition Crash On Windows Devices Issue:
- 1 Causes Of The Dragon Age Inquisition Crash On Windows Devices Issue:
- 2 Troubleshooting The Dragon Age Inquisition Crash:
- 2.1 Solution#1: Trying To Uninstall Nvidia 3D Vision
- 2.2 Solution#2: Making Use Of The Default Graphics Settings
- 2.3 Solution#3: Performing A Clean Windows Boot On The PC
- 2.4 Solution#4: Updating The Graphics Card
- 2.5 Solution#5: Trying To Open Dragon Age Inquisition In The Compatibility Mode
- 2.6 Solution#6: Changing Launch Settings
- 2.7 Solution#7: Disabling The Built-In Origins Menu
- 2.8 Solution#8: Underclocking The GPU Or Memory
- 2.9 Solution#9: Turning Off Antivirus Program On The System
- 2.10 Solution#10: Removing Your Game’s Cache
- 2.11 Solution#11: Uninstalling & Reinstalling Dragon Age Inquisition
- 3 Follow The Below Steps For Reinstalling Your Game On The Computer:
- 4 Conclusion:
Win 10 users have more often faced this problem of dragon age inquisition crashing on startup. But, what are the causes behind this crash? Well, there can be diverse causes and not any particular factor behind this. Here’re a few reasons as to why this issue appears.
- You might have to reset the graphics settings.
- There are odds that a 3rd-party antivirus program is most probably crashing the game.
- The antivirus program on the device might be blocking your dragon age inquisition from opening.
- The game might crash because of the overclocked RAM or GPU.
- The problem could also be because of the lunge bug, which triggers your game to crash or stop it from opening.
- Another reason can be the built-in origins menu.
- NVIDIA’s 3D vision might be crashing your game.
So these were a few common reasons for your game crash. Now, have a glance at the following fixes to resolve this problem.
Troubleshooting The Dragon Age Inquisition Crash:
The following are the best methods to fix the Dragon Age Inquisition crashing problems effectively. If one hack fails, then try the next solution until your game opens successfully.
Solution#1: Trying To Uninstall Nvidia 3D Vision
The Nvidia 3D vision driver permits users to view the Blu-ray content on their PC, but it might also restrict users to open dragon age inquisition, and it can be the cause that triggers your game to crash. Therefore, before opening dragon age inquisition on the system, you can simply uninstall Nvidia 3D vision to resolve the problem. Follow the below steps for uninstalling Nvidia 3D Vision driver.
- The first step is to launch the Run dialog box. For that, you have to hit the Win + R key from the keyboard.
- After the Run dialog box window appears, you have to enter appwiz. cpl in the box > choose OK. After you enter appwiz cpl, it’ll launch the programs & features list.
- In the list, try to find the Nvidia 3D vision driver > right-click on it for getting the Uninstall option.
- Then, you could follow the directions to uninstall the vision driver from the system.
- Lastly, reboot the PC to check whether the dragon age inquisition crashes on launch or not.
Solution#2: Making Use Of The Default Graphics Settings
One of the causes for the dragon age inquisition crash on launch or startup is perhaps because of running your game utilizing high graphic settings. Therefore, to resolve this problem and to stop your game from crashing, you can attempt to make use of the default graphics settings. Follow the below simple steps for resetting the graphics settings.
- The first step is to launch the settings menu on the Win 10 PC. For that, you can hit the Win + I key from the keyboard.
- After that, navigate to the System section in settings.
- Scroll down > choose the graphic settings.
- Then, you need to choose the classic app from the drop-down menu.
- Next, click on browse > find dragon age inquisition from the list. After locating your game, choose to add.
- You need to launch the options section > choose the system default.
- Lastly, save all the changes > reboot the PC to check whether the problem of the game crash is resolved or not.
Solution#3: Performing A Clean Windows Boot On The PC
At times dragon age inquisition crashes on launch because of individual applications on the computer. However, it’s challenging to choose specific applications which are restricting the dragon age inquisition from working.
Therefore, carrying out the clean windows boost on the PC is suggested as it’ll assist you in identifying the applications which are causing your game to crash. Follow these steps for cleaning windows and performing a boost on the PC.
- First of all, launch the Run dialog box. For that, you have to hit the Windows + R button from the keyboard.
- After that, enter MSConfig in the box > click OK. It’ll launch a window where you have to select the selective startup option under the general section.
- Now, in the selective startup, you need to uncheck the load startup items option > choose the Use original boot configuration and Load system services options.
- Then, navigate to the services section and check the Hide all Microsoft services option.
- After that, choose the disable all option > click on apply.
- You could now try to reboot the PC and check whether the dragon age inquisition crashes on launch.
Solution#4: Updating The Graphics Card
One of the causes, why Dragon Age failed to open, is because of the majority of players like playing in high graphic settings. While playing the Dragon Age inquisition steam in the ultra graphic settings, you’ll have an incredible experience.
However, if your system doesn’t meet the graphic settings, the game is likely to crash. For resolving this error, try to lower down your graphic settings. It may be the core of all the issues. Updating the Graphic card drivers might assist you in resolving the Dragon Age launch crash error.
- The first step is to launch the device manager on the PC. For that, you can hit the Windows + X key at the same time.
- After that, find and click on display adapters in device manager, where you’ll see the graphics card name.
- Then, right-click on your graphics card driver > select the update driver option.
- Now, select the option where the PC automatically searches for the updated driver software.
- Lastly, reboot the game and check whether it is still crashing or not.
Solution#5: Trying To Open Dragon Age Inquisition In The Compatibility Mode
If you’re having problems opening dragon age inquisition on the PC, then one of the best fixes is running your game in compatibility mode. You could follow the below steps for this way.
- The first step is to launch the file location of the game on the PC.
- You can now choose your game > right-click on it to select the properties option.
- In properties, you need to choose the compatibility section > check the checkbox for running your game in the safe or compatibility mode.
- After that, click ok for saving all the changes > see if this solution was capable of resolving dragon age inquisition.
Solution#6: Changing Launch Settings
We’ve seen that a few Dragon Age Inquisition users come across crashes because they do not grant their game admin privileges for accessing the required system files. Also, the game might crash because the Windows version isn’t compatible with it. Here’s how you can tweak a few launch settings for resolving the crashing problem:
- First of all, launch the file explorer on the PC. For that, you can hit the Windows + E key at the same time.
- After that, find your game’s installation folder. It’ll likely be in the C drive.
- Then, you need to right-click on the primary DAI executable file > choose the properties option.
- You have to launch the compatibility section in properties > click on the run as admin.
- Make certain to select the Run this program in the compatibility mode for option > select the windows version from the menu.
- After that, simply click on apply > ok for saving the changes.
- Finally, see if the dragon age inquisition is opening without crashing or not.
Solution#7: Disabling The Built-In Origins Menu
Users who’ve got dragon age inquisition from its origin platform, then you have to know that there’s a dedicated built-in origin menu appended by the EA platform that is most likely the cause for the game crash.
A lot of users have also complained about the problems with the built-in origin menu. However, they’re capable of fixing the issue of the dragon age inquisition crash on launch by disabling such a built-in menu. Therefore, here’re the steps you can actually follow for disabling the built-in origins.
- The first step is signing onto the EA account by entering the password and username.
- After that, navigate to the app settings from the main menu > select the origin in-game section option.
- Under the origin in-game section, uncheck the Enable origin in-game option for disabling the built-in origins.
- After you choose to enable origin in-game, reboot the system to see if your game is still crashing or not.
Solution#8: Underclocking The GPU Or Memory
As many users have hinted, this error can also be related to the RAM. If you formerly overclocked the memory, you may desire to revert to default or even a little underclock them and check if the crash stops. Such behavior is often reported with RAM sticks that by default have a low frequency (800 or 1000 MHz).
If such a scenario is applicable to you, simply underclock the RAM modules once again and check if the crashes stop. Since the procedure of overclocking the RAM is diverse based on the motherboard manufacturer, we cannot really provide you with a definitive guide. However, such modifications are done from your BIOS settings.
In the most popular BIOS settings, you simply modify the Memory frequencies by navigating to Advanced Chipset Features > choose FSB and Memory Config. Remember that a few other users have managed to prevent the crashes to the desktop by simply underclocking the GPU (removing ~50 MHZ from the clock speed). It’s also reported to be a helpful solution on GPUs that were factory overclocked.
Warning: If you have never overclocked anything previously, we strongly suggest you against experimenting with diverse GPU or Memory frequencies.
Solution#9: Turning Off Antivirus Program On The System
The dragon age inquisition crash is perhaps because of the 3rd-party antivirus program running on the system. Therefore to resolve the errors, you can simply turn off or disable the 3rd-party antivirus program on the system. The most common antivirus tools that trigger dragon age to the crash are AVAST and AVG.
For disabling your antivirus program, you can navigate to the software’s advanced settings for disabling it. However, you also have the option of uninstalling the program from the PC. For uninstalling, you can follow the below steps.
- First of all, navigate to the search bar in the bottom left on the computer > enter uninstall.
- Then, you need to choose the add or remove programs option from the search bar.
- After that, under apps & features, find and click on the 3rd-party antivirus program.
- Now, right-click on the antivirus program > click on uninstall.
- Lastly, you can reboot the system and see if dragon age inquisition runs properly. However, if you’re still facing problems, then you can check out the other solutions.
Solution#10: Removing Your Game’s Cache
The cache is saved by DAI for reducing the load times and for optimizing the overall launch of your game, but it can at times be corrupted, and your game may crash while attempting to load the corrupted cache. Fortunately, the cache is regenerated automatically if it’s removed, so we can get rid of such corrupted cache extremely simply. For that:
- First of all, hit the Windows + E button for opening the File Explorer > go to the following path: C:\Users\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age Inquisition\cache.
- Once in this folder, hit the ctrl + A buttons from the keyboard > hit the Shift + Delete keys.
- Confirm any prompts shown on the screen and the cache ought to be removed.
- Open the game and check if the crashing problem is now gone.
Note: Also, make certain that you set the Mantle to open on the lowest settings because the high ones on the Mantle can trigger crashes for many users, and putting them on the lowest settings resolves the error for a few.
Solution#11: Uninstalling & Reinstalling Dragon Age Inquisition
If none of the solutions mentioned above work, then you can simply uninstall and reinstall your game. A lot of gamers who have attempted this fix say that the game runs properly without any crashes. You can follow the below steps for uninstalling the dragon age inquisition from the PC.
- The first step is signing into the EA account by launching the origin client.
- After that, navigate to my games section > right-click on dragon age inquisition.
- Then, choose the uninstall option.
- Now, make certain you follow all the instructions that appear on your screen for completing the uninstallation.
Follow The Below Steps For Reinstalling Your Game On The Computer:
- Sing into the EA account.
- After that, navigate to the game library > begin downloading dragon age inquisition.
- Once downloaded, check if the issue is fixed or not.
Other Things To Do:
- Make certain to update the bios in case it’s triggering the crash issue.
- Make certain to disable the Nvidia GeForce Experience’s Optimizing service and also disable any other optimizing program.
- You try to uninstall the recent updates.
- Make certain to uninstall and reinstall all patches, mods, and your game.
- Upgrade to Win 10 if you’re encountering this problem on other Windows versions.
So, these were a few solutions that you can make use of for resolving the dragon age inquisition crash on launch or startup. You can implement such fixes one by one to check whichever works for you. We hope the above tutorial was capable of helping you resolve the error.