You’ve downloaded many applications, and they’re all backed up in the iCloud account you have. There’ll come a point when you understand that there are many useless apps in the purchase history. In such a situation, you can either delete or hide such applications that you no longer require.
When you know how you can remove purchased apps from iCloud, you’ll be capable of having more storage space in your iCloud to store more data there. Purchased apps from the App Store don’t, so to speak, take up any storage space in iCloud. It’s the data from such applications that take up storage space.
How Can You Remove Purchased Apps From Your iCloud?
Apple doesn’t offer any way on how you can remove the different purchased apps from the purchased list. The different purchased apps, when actually backed up on iCloud, don’t affect the iCloud storage space because they’re not on the iCloud backup but on the servers of Apple.
You can get rid of such purchased app data from your iCloud from the Settings menu of the iPad, iPhone, and iPod, as well as in the Storage option of the Mac. It’s how you can remove the purchased app from iCloud.
- First of all, open Settings app > simply scroll down to iCloud.
- Now, launch iCloud > tap on Storage and Back & Back Up.
- After that, simply tap on the Manage Storage option.
- Then, naiveté to Documents & Data.
- Next, choose the particular application whose data you desire to erase.
- Then, tap on Edit > tap on the Delete option that can be found on the left side of the program.
- Now, simply tap on the prompt to confirm that you do desire to remove the application.
- Simply tap on the Delete All option if you desire to remove everything.
How Can You Hide Applications From iCloud?
Apple has a record of all the purchased apps in iCloud. It really makes it simpler for you to download applications you purchased from the Apple Store. Such purchased applications can just be hidden from showing up on the purchased history on iCloud if you don’t want them to be shown. The purchased history doesn’t also consume the iCloud Storage.
This technique doesn’t actually remove the purchased apps from your iCloud, but it nevertheless attains the same result. Hiding the purchased applications from your iCloud will give you a Not on this iPad/iPhone message on your screen when you look for that particular application.
- First off, navigate to the App Store on the iPhone.
- After that, simply tap on Updates.
- Now, tap on Purchased. You’ll be capable of viewing all the purchased apps.
- Then, launch iTunes from a Windows PC or Mac.
- Next, click on Purchased. You’ll be capable of viewing the history of all the purchased apps.
- Now, position the cursor on the application you want to hide.
- After that, click on the symbol X. It’ll hide the purchased application and will no longer be shown on the updated application list.
- On the iPhone (iOS 6 or earlier), simply navigate to the App Store.
- Simply tap on Updates > Purchased. The crossed-out application will no longer display on the Purchase History.
- For making the purchased application not also emerge on iCloud, navigate to Settings.
- Now, tap on iTunes and App Store. Tap on the Apple ID, then Sign Out.
Navigating back to the App Store, you’ll see that now the application is no longer on the purchase history.